Thursday, May 6, 2010

Handmade Book: Poem Visualization



The poem "Water Music" is a poem that I really appreciated. Wanting to deal with something that deals with music or nature, I picked this poem because it incorporates both. I wanted to make my book seem as though it is a music book, so I created an accordion-style book. This way when it opens up, it seems as though someone is reading sheet music. I had a hard time picking out the visualization, but I somehow managed to pick some decent pictures. I wanted to create a nature-like book that makes it seem as though the words were the music. To accomplish this, I typed the words inside the music staff, while also adding real music notes as well.

I created all the background in photoshop and brought it into illustrator to do the type. I ran into a lot of problems saving the project onto my USB because it got corrupted. I did this project on my computer, so I had to transfer it somehow; also the Phaser printer wasn’t working, which was also bad news. Luckily, my friend lent me her USB and we went to Kinkos to print out my project. One of the pages is messed up, but there is no other way for me to fix it if the printer at school is broken. Despite all the trouble, I’m pretty happy with the concept of my piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment